Monday, January 3, 2011

Coin Purse

I had a 20 cm zipper and scraps, so I went looking for a coin purse tutorial and I found one over at Noodlehead's blog, is there anything she can't do? I don't think so.

Miss Amelia has been carrying around her Christmas money in a little tuille bag as she thinks she is too old for her Dora wallet now (being nearly 6). So her lack of a purse coupled with my need to do some sewing resulted in this coin purse.
This zip was originally bought when I did Aunty Wilma's gathered clutch (also from the same website), I wasn't sure what fabric I was going to use at the time. And you may recognise the outer fabric from one of the skirts I made Amelia.

Its lined with some material I bought from Salvation Army for 50c I think or possibly the Legacy shop. It was quick and fun to make so I am going to do a few and add them to the girls birthday presents throughout the year. I have heaps of scraps so I will just need to buy the zips.

No comments:

Post a Comment