Sunday, February 6, 2011

Paint Shirt

I got the pattern from SewMamaSew blog, she has a really easy to follow tutorial on there. Amelia needed a new paint shirt for school, (it was on her list) and after feeling pretty crap about my dress not fitting I needed a good project to do.

It has a tie on the back of the neck - the bias binding extends to make itself the ties.

This is a picture of my homemade bias binding. I had bought some, which I used on the sleeves, but I ran out so I made my own! It wasn't very hard and it looks very good. The material I got at a garage sale (as you may have seen previously) for 50c and the bias binding cost $1.10, so it cost $1.60 butI still have some more of the blue material left and I really didn't need to buy the bias binding so I could have done it for 50c.

No comments:

Post a Comment