Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fun in the Backyard!

Today has been a good day. I took Dads advice and transplanted the seedlings in the propagation tray into a bed just under the clothes line. I made sure they all had three leaves. I then thinned the rest out in the tray and am going to let those get a little bigger before I plant those, just to give me time to get more beds ready!

I took some of the year round lettuce and planted them into two of the styrofoam boxes that I got the vacola bottles in. I have actually earmaked them for herbs but will have to wait till I get some to put into them. I dont really like geraniums but waste not want not, I put some pieces that survived when I pulled a stack of them from the side of the house into the pot plants that Amelia and I painted.
So we can have some colour if we want to sit on the new seats I got Dave to put along the fence. Its a real suntrap and today when it was a bit cool, we got a cuppa each and sat in the sun, the fences block out the breeze so it was toasty!
And this is how the new plants that Mum gave me are looking - pretty good I think! Other gardening things today involved raking leaves, weeding and Dave did the edges on the vegie patch. It has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment