Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Four Week Challenge Update

Well I am just over the two week mark in the challenge not to buy any cakes, biscuits or bread and I havent bought any! I have baked bread every day (even twice on Sunday!) and have even tried a homemade version of a SAO. I got an excellent recipe of a forum for muesli bars and they have gone down a treat with Dave asking could I make another batch when these run out.
The recipe is this:

2 cups of rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup choc chip
1/2 cup honey
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup peanut butter
Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, salt & Choc chips. Stir together. Combine egg, honey, vanilla & mix together. Then mix wet & dry ingrediants together and then add peanut butter. Place in a greased 9x13 inch dish. Spread with a greased spatula. Bake for 15-18 mins or until edges turn brown. Let cool for 10 mins and then cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment