Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lessons Learnt

I have learned a couple of things since making bread that have resulted in some deflated loaves. They still are yummy and everyone still takes their lunches on them but they are smaller slices.

So far I have found out that if you accidentally get water on a loaf that's risen (2nd rise) it will deflate. And last night I found out that it will do that if you get the cling wrap stuck on the top and have to rip it off - I had obviously missed a bit when I greased the plastic wrap. So if you are going to try and make bread learn from my mistakes! :)

I made some banana bread last night with some very over ripe bananas and it was yum. I also made tonight's dinner which is a beef, mushroom and tomato casserole. I will have it with kipfler potatoes, carrots and peas. I will have to make tomorrow nights dinner tonight as I am working a full day tomorrow as well.

Another lesson learnt yesterday - I went to the local fruit shop and asked which apples were the local ones from Tenterfield or Stanthorpe (that I had been previously told they had by a worker there) and the owner told me that they buy them through the markets. So they don't buy them direct like they told me before. That has kind of turned me off them so I am going to go to another fruit and veg place that might be better. Hopefully since I know where their farm is it might have more local produce. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment