Monday, May 17, 2010

Four Week Challenge!

I have set myself a challenge for the next four weeks. That is to NOT have any store bought cakes, biscuits or bread. Only homemade.

One of the main reasons for this is to save money, when I add up all the stuff I buy for lunchboxes, afternoon tea and just snacks in general it is alot!! A single box of 6 snack bars it usually $4 -$5 and with two kids (or two adults ) that only lasts 3 days. And taking into account how much I pack into the lunch boxes its expensive.

I am also cutting down the amount of food I put in the lunch boxes. I have talked to the kids about it and we have come to a decision about what is a good compromise. I am hoping if I do this for four weeks it will become a habit. It will also cut down on our household rubbish and recycling as there is a huge amount of packaging used in the store bought snacks.

So that's my challenge. The hardest bit will be when I just don't feel like being bothered.

In other news I got my sewing machine out of layby. I have had a little go sewing up a pair of Amelia's Pyjama pants that had ripped at the seams. It went beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment