Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day, so Happy Mother's Day Mum! I got a lovely pair of pearl earrings, bread tin and a pink pen set. Very spoilt. So I have baked two loaves of bread and they are great - if I do say so myself.

This is the second loaf - I left this one for much longer to rise and it worked really well. I also timed how long I kneaded the bread for as I think I didn't do the full 8 minutes on the first loaf.

This is the first loaf which was still yummy and just as Mum predicted everyone gobbled down.

Today Amelia and I planted some seeds. They are broccoli, cabbage and pansy. She was very good at making the holes. Wes raked up some leaves for my leaf mulch bags too.
Here is the seedlings in the back veg patch. Dave and I planted sugar loaf cabbage, cauliflower, onions and pansies. I even planted some out of season celery as I just wanted something to break up the cabbage and cauliflower silhouettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment